Friday 6 September 2019

Day 2: Workflow

Another day of DFI done and dusted 👌 Pocketed a few takeaways that I will trial with my class first ie: Google hangouts 👀 Arrived much earlier this time (7.29am early), so yay did not have to sit in the front of the class!! Increased learning today navigating different google extensions: One Tab/Toby Mini.  Highlight for me would be using Google hangout - used it before but this media can be be used so much more effectively especially for a group hangout meeting 😉.  
I liked the google app 'Google Keep' which is a note keeping tool - I was able to download this to my phone and add a few notes from today's session into my DFI label.  It allowed me to create a range of labels (this helps keep all our notes organised) so I created a few personal labels ie: Weekly shopping list & Pacific Language Weeks.  I was able to add notes to each one which I can quickly access for dates or those FYI moments 😌 By pocket of gold was a statement shared from one of the Google slide presentations:
Reflecting on and applying this to my own teaching practises, I would definitely be finding ways to promote and encourage 'rewindable learning' with my students and myself. Watch this space for the session #3.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Gaewyn. Sounds like you are really enjoying this DFI course. I am looking to getting some hints and tips off you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Gaewyn, it is great to get this feedback from you and to understand what resonated with you in your context and what you could immediately see a use for.
    Keep sharing back- both on this blog and in the connect at the next session about what is working for you. And of course ask for help. You don't often get two facilitators at your beck and call all day for nine days :)
    I am sorry you had to sit at the front of the class on day one. We are making sure we have enough seats now.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.